Now that you’ve customized your site, you can start writing and scheduling blog posts about a variety of topics.
In this section, we’ll discuss:
- Writing Your First Blog Post
- Scheduling Blog Posts
Writing Your First Blog Post
Follow these steps to write your first blog post.
1. From your WordPress dashboard, click Posts, and then click Add New.
2. The editor tool appears. It functions a lot like Microsoft Word. At the top, there are several formatting options. If you click the Text tab, you can write a blog post in HTML.
3. Write your first post. Don’t forget to give your post a title. Click Publish when finished. Typically, first posts tell readers about yourself and why started the blog.
4. Click Publish, when finished.
Scheduling Blog Posts
The most important part of a blog site is the content. Because of this, it is vital to keep posting. We suggest you post new content to your blog at least once a week, but most authors whose blogs keep high readership post every two to three days. In order to maintain that level of posting, we recommend you create a list of topics you want to write about and schedule out a couple weeks worth of posts.
Follow these steps to schedule posts.
1. Write a blog post as you did in the previous set of steps.
2. Before you publish the post, click Edit in the Publish section.
3. Adjust the date (and time, if desired) to when you want the post published.
4. Click OK.
5. Repeat for additional posts.