You can create email accounts using your domain name.
In this section, we’ll discuss:
- Creating a Domain-Based Email
- Connecting Domain-Based Email to a Desktop or Laptop Client
- Configuring an iPad to Receive Domain Email
- Creating an Email Forwarder
- Email Encryption
Creating a Domain-Based Email
Accessing Your Email
2. Choose a webmail application, and then click your choice. Need help choosing a webmail application?
Your choices are:
3. Configure your email. Once set up, you can access your email by visiting either https://webmail.yourdomain or https://mail.yourdomain. You can log in using your email address (i.e., youremail@yourdomain) and password.
Connecting Domain-Based Email to a Desktop or Laptop Client
Follow these steps to configure your email to allow viewing through a desktop email application like Windows Live Mail or Mozilla Thunderbird. Please note, the default email that was created when you created your MU Sites domain can’t be connected to a desktop client or phone. You must create a new email address in order to see these functions.
2. The system will attempt to auto-configure your email account for you. Once you have your desired program installed, click the corresponding auto-configuration setting. For example, click POP3 (Post Office Protocol v3 for Windows Live Mail if you have that program installed.
3. If the system fails to auto-configure your email account, type the information manually. Type the recommended settings in to your desktop application and it will access your email.
Configuring an iPad to Receive Domain Email
Please read How to set up Exchange accounts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch or Set up email on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch for more information about configuring an iPad to receive domain email.
Creating an Email Forwarder
If you don’t want to check multiple email account, you can have all your email forwarded to one email address. Please note, forwarding only works within your domain, you can’t forward your emails to an account outside your domain. Online help is available to help you configure your domain email to be checked using Gmail.
Follow these steps to forward emails within your domain.
2. Click Add Forwarder.
3. Type your domain email address in the Address to forward text box.
4. Type the email address to receive the forwarded email in the Forward to Email Address text box.
5. Click Add Forwarder.
If you need to send confidential information such as credit card numbers, phone numbers, or addresses through your email, encrypting emails will prevent them from being read by someone other than the recipient. Encryption is accomplished by turning your email into unreadable code that only the recipient can decipher.
Creating an Encryption Key
2. Complete the form. Your Email is designed for the email address whose emails you’d like to encrypt. Comment or Nickname is designed to be a short reminder about the purpose of the key you’re creating. The Key Password will give you access to your encryption keys. Also, the larger the Key Size, the more secure your encryption will be.
3. Click Generate Key. It takes a few minutes to generate a key.
4. A confirmation page appears when your key is created. If your attempt times out, double-check the Public Keys and Private Keys sections, your key was probably created.
5. Your key appears below the Create a New Key section. Delete a key by clicking delete GnuPG Key. You must delete the private key before the public key. Deleting the private key will automatically delete the public key.
Importing an Encryption Key
3. A confirmation page appears if your key was imported successfully.