Using File Manager, you can upload, download, edit, and delete files from your website. If you are using a CMS such as WordPress or Drupal, you will generally not want to to manipulate your files through here. WordPress and Drupal allow you to edit and upload files such as images and posts. If you are not using one of those content management systems, File Manager is where you upload and edit your files.
2. Select Web Root (public_html/www). This indicates where the publicly-available website is stored.
3. Click Always open this directory in the future if you don’t want this box to open every time. Also, select Show Hidden Files (dotfiles) so you can edit any hidden files, and then click Go.
4. File Manager opens in a new tab and lists all the files, images, and videos on your website. All files are kept within folders, which can be accessed from a left-hand navigation. Explore this space to find, create, and delete files. Access your publicly-viewable files, such as images and posts, by clicking the public_html file.
5. Upload content by clicking +File or +Folder. By adding images or videos to File Manager, you can add them to your site later.
6. Using the Code Editor, you can edit the code of your files to customize your website. If you are using a content management system, we recommend you NOT edit the code of your files.